Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Hello new readers! I am Samantha Kampman and I am a Communication Arts student (3rd year PR focus, business and leadership minors). I will be traveling to Eisenach, Germany for an internship possibly at the Wartburg Castle or with the Tourism Bureau.

I am supposed to write a post about what I have done to prepare for this trip :)

My first thought was... absolutely nothing.

However, that is a lie.

First of all, I had to take German 101 (take it with Frau Losch, she is the best!). Basically, I learned the basics of the German language and a little about the culture.

One thing that helped a lot with this trip was that I have been planning on it since my first year, so I was able to plan my schedule accordingly. If I could do anything different, I would have taken German 101 this year so that I would remember a little bit more of it.

In addition, I have studied a little about Martin Luther and Eisenach, so that I would be a little more knowledgeable about those things.

Other than that, my main concerns have been what I will be packing for clothes and how I will be able to contact my family as my sister will be having a baby while I am gone.

Well, I think this should do for my initial post. I will probably have a lot more to say when I am actually there and not so worried about my finals tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment